Thursday, January 27, 2011

The awesome Instapaper is next (though there is nothing to install)

Instapaper was the next thing I setup on my new Mac. There is nothing to install, but I did drag the Read Later bookmarklet to the first slot in my Safari Bookmarks Bar, so ⌘1 will mark a page for reading later on Instapaper. (I noticed accidentally that if I run the bookmarklet on http://www.instapaper.com/, instead of dumbly marking that page, a dialog pops up saying "The bookmarklet is correctly installed." Nice touch.)

Instapaper allows me to note pages I don't have time to read (typically as I find out about them while reading Twitter while taking a break at work). I usually end up reading them in bed on the excellent Instapaper iPad app.

BTW, the second bookmarklet in my Bookmarks Bar is bit.ly, which allows me to shorten the URL for any page with ⌘2, and then tweet about it if I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment