Saturday, January 29, 2011

Next install is Mailplane

If you use Gmail and a Mac, check out Mailplane. It truly is the best way to use Gmail on a Mac. Especially if you have multiple accounts.

I have a second Gmail account for urgent email that few know about. I've set up my Mac mini at home to monitor that account and use Prowl to send push notifications to my iPhone when I get a new email. I can then setup Gmail rules in my main account to forward email to my urgent account, so I can selectively get push notifications (such as email from a certain person, or containing a keyword).

Setting up Mailplane for both accounts was quick and easy. I think the only preference I changed was to set each account to show in the menu bar only the number of unread emails in my priority inbox.

Update: It's nifty how easy it is to register Mailplane. Just download the license in the registration email (in Mailplane), and you're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment